Next Event: 26-27th September 2020
Subscribe here for the latest news on entries opening for the 2020 event
Included in the entry fee
- 2019 British Mountain Marathon Championship ranking (The ROC is the final event in 2019)
- A choice of 3 score (NEW Medium course for 2019) format and 4 linear format courses; ideal for novice to experienced runners alike
- Live GPS tracking for event safety management & for your family and friends to follow your progress in realtime (+ post-event GPX download & replay option)
- Bespoke, high-quality & waterproof pre-printed maps for each team member each day for all classes
- A hearty finisher’s meal with complimentary tea/coffee for all
- Car parking at the event centre from Friday to Sunday
- ROC Mountain Marathon™ car sticker
- Camping (Friday night before the event) at the event centre
- Participation in the famously relaxed, welcoming, fun and friendly atmosphere of the ROC Mountain Marathon™
- Start time flexibility – start at any time in the start window each day*
- SPORTident race timing for course split times and official results (including loan of dibbers)
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- A thoroughly-planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
2019 Entry Price
|Early (November-December 2018)||Standard (January-July 2019)||Late (August-September 2019)|
|Each participant (solo or pair)||£79||£89||£99|
Time to plan the route! ©Steve Ashworth
You may have had a long drive or simply fancy turning up to chat with fellow competitors ahead of the following morning’s start line. Or both!
As per tradition, local brewery beer and cider (and tea, coffee etc. of course – maybe even G&T) will be available on Friday night as you arrive and gather in the marquee after registering, in anticipation of 2-days running, orienteering, and camping!
Why not pre-order your pre-event evening meal and breakfast from our event caterers?
- Friday Night Meal & Drink – Take the hassle out of cooking your pre-event meal; complement the above with a homemade vegetarian main meal + cake & custard dessert + choice of teas or coffee – £8
- Saturday Morning Breakfast – Don’t want to get the stove out before you start running? Easy! Order your breakfast ahead – includes vegetarian sausage and sliced-egg bap + hearty bowl of cereal, semi-skimmed milk + choice of teas or coffee – £5
Enjoy some great food before you start the adventure! ©Steve Ashworth
It is also possible to pre-order the official ROC Mountain Marathon T-shirt (a high quality cotton tee featuring a fantastic bespoke design of the 2019 course) for £22.95. These can only be purchased in advance as they are procured to order.
- T-shirt order deadline is Sunday 15th September
- Food order deadline is Sunday 15th September
The above must all be ordered in advance via SI Entries – the same place you register for your entry into the event.
The expected design of the 2019 Event T-Shirt reflecting the 2019 course area
Before entering please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions and, if entering as a pair, have the details of both team members to hand. These details include: Name, Address, Date of Birth and SI Entries ID (if you have used SI Entries before). We also require details of each person’s previous running experience. Please note that if a team member does not have relevant running experience this is NOT a barrier to entry.
Our remote overnight camp in the stunning Lowther Hills! ©Steve Ashworth
*except for chasing starts for the leading linear course teams on day 2. Find out more.