Included in the entry fee
- 2018 British Mountain Marathon Championship ranking (The ROC is 1 of just 3 Mountain Marathons eligible)
- A choice of 2 score format and 4 linear format courses; ideal for novice to experienced runners alike
- A hearty finisher’s meal with complimentary tea/coffee for all
- Car parking at the event centre from Friday to Sunday
- Live GPS tracking for event safety management & for your family and friends to follow your progress in realtime (+ post-event GPX download & replay option)
- ROC Mountain Marathon 2018 car sticker
- Camping (Friday night before the event) at the event centre
- Participation in the famously relaxed, welcoming, fun and friendly atmosphere of the ROC Mountain Marathon™
- Start time flexibility – start at any time in the start window each day
- SPORTident race timing for course split times and official results (including loan of dibbers)
- Bespoke, high-quality & waterproof pre-marked (linear – new for 2018) maps for each team member.
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- A thoroughly-planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
Nearly time to hit that enter button… ©Steve Ashworth
You may have had a long drive or simply fancy turning up to chat with fellow competitors ahead of the following morning’s start line. Or both!
As per tradition, local brewery beer and cider (and tea, coffee etc. of course) will be available on Friday night as you arrive and gather in the marquee after registering, in anticipation of 2-days running, orienteering, and camping ahead!
But why cook when you could pre-order your pre-event evening meal from our event caterers?
- Friday Night Meal – hearty main meal + choice of Wilf’s finest cake & custard + hot drink included – £8
- Saturday Morning Breakfast – scrambled egg sandwich + large bowl of muesli or cereal with semi-skimmed milk + hot drink included – £5
Assertion: It takes longer to plan your route (score courses) than to enter the 2018 ROC Mountain Marathon. Discuss.
It is also possible to pre-order the official ROC Mountain Marathon T-shirt (technical tee with bespoke 2018 course design) for £22.95. These can only be purchased in advance as they are procured to order.
- T-shirt order deadline is Sunday 16th September
- Food order deadline is Sunday 16th September
The above must all be ordered in advance via SI Entries – the same place you register for your entry into the event.
2017 T-Shirt design using the 2017 controls plotted for example – 2018 design will be similar (although not likely black!)
Joey’s Café is on hand with barista coffee/gourmet hot chocolate and more!
2018 Entry Price
|Early (November-December 2017)||Standard (January-July 2018)||Late (August-September 2019)|
|Each participant (solo or pair)||£79||£89||£99|
Before entering please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions and, if entering as a pair, have the details of both team members to hand. These details include: Name, Address, Date of Birth and SI Entries ID (if you have used SI Entries before). We also require details of each person’s previous running experience. Please note that if a team member does not have relevant running experience this is NOT a barrier to entry.
How light will your tent be in 2018? Comfort or performance? Can you have both?
Photos ©Steve Ashworth