It is the participant’s responsibility to know and follow these rules:
- Participants must follow the Universal Event Rules applicable to all events organised by Ourea Events
- Participants must not be separated from their race packs at any time. For the avoidance of doubt, pairs may carry each other’s rucksacks, and distribute personal and team equipment as they see fit, but please take careful note of Rule 3.
- Punching at checkpoints:
- If the timing chip is lost, then the participant will be disqualified, and will be charged for a replacement.
- Participants must register their timing chips at every checkpoint. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the chip registers (listen for the beep, watch for the flash!). If any checkpoints do not register, then the participant will be deemed not to have visited that checkpoint and be disqualified.
- Pairs must punch within 60 seconds of each other. We will assume that any failure to punch within 60 seconds of each other is because the pair have separated and therefore the pair will be disqualified.
- For participants entered as pairs, if one member of the team must retire, then both team members must retire for that day. If this happens on Day 1, the remaining participant may start Day 2 solo if they wish to. They may also team up with another solo participant, but they will be non-competitive overall.
- The competition area is embargoed. If a participant or team becomes aware of the competition area they are not allowed to visit the area in advance of the Event with the specific goal of gaining a competitive advantage over other participants.
- GPS devices (including ANY device which can display or indicate position, distance travelled or speed, and also any device that measures altitude using GPS data) may not be used to aid navigation and/or gain a competitive advantage.
- Altimeter devices that work by measuring barometric pressure are allowed.
- Mobile phones may be carried, but may not be used to gain a competitive advantage. See Event Specific Kit List for more details.